Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Year is moving fast.

March is tomorrow? One more month until I get my raise from FedEx.
I mentioned finances last time or so, but I never stated that it's my primary interest outside of my family. I don't really watch TV or sports, but I love to follow my finances.
I probably dinged my credit rating by opening a new Bank of America credit card and nearly maxing it with a transfer, but the 0% rate for 18 months coupled with ZERO transfer fee makes the ding worth it, if I plan to be CREDIT CARD DEBT-FREE in 18 months.
For having a credit score of 800+, the non-promotional interest rate is insanely high.
I only carry a balance on cards that have low fixed interest rates.
I haven't carried a balance on my Discover Card in over a year. They offered me an insane cashback deal that made me use the card, so I had to zap the balance that was at a modest promotional rate. It was a zero transfer fee for a 5.99% rate that was too high for my liking anyways, but I was intending it to be a temporary transfer from Chase since I couldn't transfer a Chase debt to another Chase card.
Chase used to have decent transfer offers with 2% transfer fees for a 0% rate for 15 months, now they offer for 0% for maybe 12 months with a 3% fee. BOO!
I currently dislike Chase. Not sure if I mentioned their FRAUDULENT ways, but they absolutely suck and I had to spend several hours fixing their mistakes, hence the newest B of A card.
Yes, Chase is on MY ENEMIES LIST.
The Discover Card promotions I have had since 2011 have been rather AWESOME. The card has gotten better, while Chase has gotten worse.
Hard to explain all the details, but Discover has saved me hundreds of dollars and has given me insane amounts of cash back. Chase used to be decent, but they are sad in comparison to Discover.
One day, I'll post about my credit card exploits beyond the fact I average roughly $20K in credit card debt, yet now get way more in cash back than I owe in transfer fees and interest charges. It involves kicking cans and such, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel, thanks to my great employer: FedEx.

No comments:

Post a Comment